In order to benefit from our services, you need to become a member of SSA (full member or mandator).
Membership at SSA is free of charge.
Terms of admission
- You create or own rights to works falling under the SSA repertoire.
- Your Intellectual property creation in literature and art (as well as computer programmes) exhibiting an individual and therefore unique character. Said individual character is the prerequisite that a work can be protected.... is being performed, broadcast or used in any other relevant forms of exploitation.
- You have not already assigned the rights to your work(s) to third parties (publishers, theatres, theatre groups, producers or another There are five collective management organisations (CMOs) in Switzerland for authors' and related rights: ProLitteris, SSA, SUISSIMAGE, SUISA, SWISSPERFORM...).
- SSA communicates in the official Swiss languages. We make every effort to facilitate direct contacts in English, too. Our circulars, guidelines, publications, annual reports, documents relating to the General Assembly etc. are, however, not available in English.
- In order to assess the requests for admission, we will request you to provide us with contracts you already concluded plus their translations into German, French or Italian. Production, publishing or licensing agreements must make it possible for SSA to intervene, i.e. they must include a so-called rights reservation clause; in all likelihood, this will, however, only be the case if the contract has been signed in countries where one of SSA’s sister societies is operational. Please click on our guideline for stage productions and on this guideline for audiovisual productions.
- SSA is entitled to ask for certified translations.
Please request your membership application from our secretariat!
- Under certain circumstances it may make sense to assign the rights to individual works or to a specific Entirety of works of a certain administration category to SSA via a Agreement by means of which an author or a rights owner entrusts SSA with the management of certain rights, thus becoming an affiliate of SSA.....
- The legal succession of deceased SSA members is regulated by a Agreement by means of which the legal successors of an author join SSA as affiliates and entrust SSA with the management of all statutory rights on all works.....
It is not possible to hold membership as an author with SSA and SUISSIMAGE at the same time. It is, however, possible to be a member of SSA as an Natural person creating a work, and hold membership with SUISSIMAGE as a producer at the same time.