Event organisers

Are you hiring a comedian, a performer or a company who are presenting works from the SSA repertoire? Brilliant idea! Solo performances and one-woman-shows or one-man-shows by our members have become increasingly popular.

The engagement contract contains the artist’s fee and various pieces of information (date, venue etc.). You also have to pay SSA the remuneration for the copyrights that our members have already assigned to us by joining as our members. The performers hired by you therefore must not include their copyrights into the engagement contract they conclude with you.
Tariff for performing rights

How to proceed

Please contact us as soon as you know the date of the performance.
We will send you a letter including the applicable financial conditions for the performance organised by you, as well as a form for the declaration of income which we kindly ask you to return to us within 10 days after the end of the performance(s). Please make sure that the performer you are hiring also holds an authorisation for the work you intend to present because you are liable as the organiser. We are happy to provide you with more information on this subject.

Private occasion? Free admission for the guests?

In line with current legislation, copyright fees are due for payment as soon as the scope of a performance exceeds the circle of family and close friends. A fee is therefore payable particularly in the case of office parties, club fetes etc.
Moreover, “free admission” does not release the event organisers from their duty to pay copyright fees.

  • Please consult the relevant pages on our website for professional and amateur theatres, theatre companies and schools.
  • For music use during your events or in the case of a broadcast of TV programmes via giant screens, please check the website of SUISA.